You are cordially invited to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with Peg at the following venues:
Thursday, March 14th
* Tip Off to St. Patrick’s Day Weekend with Irish Songs & Stories at Hibernia Irish Tavern, 9700 N. Rodney Parham Rd. in west Little Rock. Peg will perform traditional and original Irish and Irish-American songs from 7-9:00 p.m.
Friday, March 15th
* Watch KARK, Channel 4’s Noon show to see Peg promote the 14th Annual 2013 Rock to North Little Rock St. Patrick’s Day Parade. She will sing one of her original songs, “The Fiddler’s Feet” which describes what it is like to experience a traditional Irish music session.
* Peg will make a brief appearance at Catholic High School as part of the School’s custom to honor the Irish the Friday before St. Patrick’s Day. According to Brother Richard Sheien, a teacher at the school, “Each March we honor the Irish on the Friday before St. Patrick’s Day an play Irish music as the boys move between classes.” Loyd will perform a short program of Irish songs for the students and faculty of the school at 1:15 p.m.
* Peg will be one of several representatives of the Irish Cultural Society of Arkansas who will provide a display of Irish culture and program of Irish music and songs at Little Rock City Hall from 2-3:30 p.m. during a reception the City is holding for its employees.
Saturday, March 16th
* Peg is the featured singer/songwriter in the 14th Annual 2013 Rock to North Little Rock St. Patrick’s Day Parade performing from the Shamrock Lawncare float. The Parade will occur at 1 p.m. Saturday, March 16, 2013 and begins at Third and Rock in downtown Little Rock, travels over Third Street and Sherman to River Market, crossing the Arkansas River via the Main Street Bridge into the Argenta Arts District ending at Fifth and Main in North Little Rock. The Parade is presented each year by the Irish Cultural Society of Arkansas. The presenting sponsor of the Parade this year is the North Little Rock Visitors Bureau. This event is free and open to the public. For more information about the Parade, visit www.IrishArkansas.org.
Sunday, March 17th
* Peg will be joined by Bill Beard, lead fiddler with the Arkansas Country Dance Society dance band, and will perform traditional Irish music during and following the annual St. Patrick’s Day Mass held at 9:00 a.m. at St. Edward Catholic Church, 801 Sherman in downtown Little Rock. Aspects of Irish culture including Irish language, music, songs and dance are incorporated into the Mass. Following the Mass a reception of Irish music and dancing will be held in the Church cafeteria. Irish soda bread, scones and tea will be served and a short program of Irish dance will be presented by the McCafferty School of Irish Dance and the O’Donovan School of Irish Dance. This event is free and open to the public.
* Dugan’s Irish Pub is hosting a St. Patrick’s Day Celebration and that includes Peg Roach Loyd & Cory Winters performing traditional Irish music and songs from the inside stage from 4-6:00 p.m. This event is free and open to the public.
* Wrapping up St. Patrick’s Day weekend, Peg Roach Loyd & Cory Winters will appear at Ernie Biggs Dueling Piano Bar, 307 President Clinton Ave., from 7-8:30 p.m.
For more information, visit www.CellaDawnMusic.com.
P.S. Peg’s newly designed website is coming soon so please check back in a few days for a completely new look!